Forest Botanicals Company Pledge
Wild stewarded goldenseal. Photo by Katie Commender.
Please consider signing Forest Botanicals Company Pledge! Click here to download the pledge. And then share on social media to encourage other companies to sign as well!
Thank you for your support!
- Create an ethical wild harvesting agreement if you don’t already have one. Examples can be found here (download the SHP Sustainability and Regenerative Practices Toolkit, examples and information under Sourcing).
- Interested in purchasing Forest Grown Verified forest botanicals? Contact ASD’s Appalachian Harvest Herb Hub for more details and availability.
- Fill out this survey to provide input on ABFFC’s Point of Harvest Certification program to train and certify wild harvesters on forest botanical best management practices.
- Join the American Forest Farming Council (AFFC) – fill out this survey to get involved.
Invest in the Future of Forest Farming
- Sponsor a forest farmer training – contact ABFFC for more details.
- Subsidize forest botanical planting stock and certifications to offset financial barriers to forest farming. Contact ASD’s Appalachian Harvest Herb Hub for more details!
- Donate to ASD’s Appalachian Harvest Herb Hub to help a network of forest farmers in Appalachia sustainably grow and harvest forest botanicals.