Staying Healthy – continue doing the things that are always important:
- Eat clean, plant foods to ensure getting the phytochemicals that provide protection on the most deep and subtle levels.
- Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Multivitamin.
- Herbs to manage stress and to sleep b/c that strengthens the immune system indirectly by managing cortisol and stress hormones. Herbs like chamomile, lemon balm, skull cap, ashwagandha.
- Use herbs as part of daily life – make golden milk, turmeric, fresh ginger, cardamon; drink herbal teas.
- Drink herbal teas throughout the day. One cup of good quality herbal tea contains the amount of herbs in 3 capsules.
If get COVID:
- Get medical support as needed.
- Clean food and plenty of water.
- Ask how can I support my body’s ability to fight this not how do I suppress my symptoms?
- Ginger in early stages helps with cough, thins the mucus and is warming.
- Thyme for thinning the mucus in lungs.
- If can’t stop coughing, drink thyme tea with honey.
- For sore throats, gargle with sage. She prefers sage tincture, use a teaspoon in a cup of water and gargle.
- Echinacea and elderberry for early symptoms.
- Licorice mixed with honey and elecampane. Licorice 7-10 days, up to 3000 mg is quite safe. It is not for long periods of time.
- Take zinc.
- High doses of Vitamin C, she likes Lipsomal Vitamin C
- Garlic – Use fresh garlic and lots of it. She uses maybe six to eight cloves of garlic every day. “I’m very careful how I make my garlic. I take it in fresh and I crush it and I put it in just a Little bit of oil, olive, avocado, whatever I’m going to cook with. And I put it in the oil and I let it sit for about 10 minutes while I’m doing everything else that I need to do to prep for the meal. And then once it sat for 10 minutes, all of the enzyme actions that it has to do are already done. So you can cook it to high heat without destroying all the good parts of it.”
- Your body has just fought a huge marathon and you need to nourish it back. Will be weakness in whatever system was affected:
- Heart – hawthorne, mimosa bark or motherwort and also magnesium.
- Lungs – elecampane to help get rid of any gunk that still there. Not sick but lungs aren’t back. They use osha in the southwest.
- Mushrooms, if you’ve been sick – reishi is good for the lungs, chaga, cordyceps
- If not sleeping well, herbs like chamomile, lemon balm, skull cap, ashwagandha for managing stress.
Herbs mentioned in Dr. Tieraona Low Dog’s September 14, 2020 Sustainable Herb Program/American Botanical Council (ABC) Webinar “Planting Seeds of Wellness,” and links to resources from the many publication and database resources at the American Botanical Council website.
Resource links include:
The information linked below and dozens of additional ABC resources such as HerbClips, are easily accessed using the search box at the ABC website: herbalgram.org.